Propelling Performance Podcast
Episode – Two
Redefining peak performance
In Episode Two of the Propelling Performance Podcast, Rob and Peak Performance Coach, Eric Partaker discuss practical strategies and mindset changes to help leaders operate at a peak level without sacrificing their health and relationships.
“If you’re on your deathbed – or suddenly given five more minutes of life – there’s not a single person who would say, ‘Would you mind passing my laptop, so I can fire off a few more emails?’ In that moment, your soul speaks whatever is truly, deeply most important to you.” – Eric Partaker
In November 2010, at the height of his hectic, demanding and successful career, Eric Partaker had a heart attack at 35,000 feet on a flight to London. After an emergency landing in a small town in France, he remembers saying to a paramedic, ‘Please don’t let me die. I have a five-year-old son.’
Eric says his definition of peak performance prior to that moment was all about work and business. He became determined to find out how he could perform at a peak level without sacrificing health or relationships. This life or death moment was the catalyst to changing his life.
Listen to discover:
- How to define ‘the best version of you’
- Why you should stop putting off changing your future (hint: you might not have a future if you don’t)
- The key differences between being an amateur or a professional
- How to use ‘three alarms’ and a persona to switch gears between work, health, and home
- Implementing a ‘shutdown ritual’ to be more present outside the workplace
- The answer to negative self-talk and procrastination is to make a choice
- Why we should learn the practice of focusing on ‘the one thing’
- How to understand your roadblocks, set milestone and behavioural goals to overcome them and start showing up in a different way.
- Ask yourself, where are you being an amateur? In business, your health and at home, where would you benefit from showing up as a pro?
- Being intentional reminds you that you don’t just need to be a star at work. You also need to be a star under your own roof, and you need to be a star when it comes to your health, mind and body.
- Perfection is not the goal. Each and every day, do the very best you can, with what you have, that day.
- Life is a combination of wins and losses. It’s just about managing the equation in your favour.
- If you want to focus on your health, don’t wait until this season is over, the merger is complete, you’ve hit that milestone, the time is right. The best time to do something is now.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST HERE
SHARE PODCAST TO SOCIAL MEDIA
Peak Performance Coach
Rob Nankervis – Podcast guests – Season 1
As a Peak Performance Expert, Eric Partaker helps CEOs, entrepreneurs, and leaders to reach their full potential, become better leaders, and build better companies. Within his approach he draws from his time advising Fortune 50 CEOs at McKinsey, his experience helping build up Skype’s multi-billion dollar success story, and his own entrepreneurial journeys – together with behavioral science from Stanford University, as well as techniques from the worlds of elite sports and the military, areas where peak performance is key.
Eric has been named “CEO of the Year” at the 2019 UK Business Excellence Awards, one of the “Top 30 Entrepreneurs in the UK”, 35 and under, by Startups Magazine, and among “Britain’s Most Disruptive Entrepreneurs” by The Telegraph. His work has been featured on over 7 major TV stations, in the Wall Street Journal, and The Economist. He has also appeared as a guest judge on The Apprentice with Lord Alan Sugar.